Monday, January 3, 2011

Looking Ahead: 2011

Here's a small sampling of the ideas I have floating around my head for the Dashing Maverick:

The Portman Square Challenge:
-the idea: dedicate the month of January to the exclusive use of Bullgoose Shaving Supplies in-house brand of shaving soap, Portman Square.
-the result: an in-depth, thorough review of this new, hot product with the intention to educate the unknowing masses from a non-biased point of view.

The Great Chinese brush throw-down:
-the idea: to pit the Chinese brush manufactures against one another and determine once and for all if cheap can equal quality. Brands such as Frank Shaving, Lijun & 1980, and ebay seller kebi2009 will each be put to a month of vigorous use.
-the result: an in-depth, thorough, non-biased review to help my readers get the most bang for their buck.
Blades Revisited:
-the idea: to get back to 'my roots' and retest some blades I originally started with over 3 years ago but now often get overlooked. Brands such as Derby, Gillette Super Thins, and 7am platinum are on this list.
-the result: to determine whether it was my newbie technique or the brand which caused these blades to call the bottom of my blade box 'home'. 

What are your thoughts on these chosen topics? Is there anything you would like to see reviewed or compared? I welcome all comments and ideas and hope to make 2011 a very informative year.

No comments:

Post a Comment